Inability to Add Boundary Conditions to Interior Boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been struggling with how to apply interior boundary conditions to my model for the past several weeks. I went back to basics and drew an incredibly simplified model and added only one Physics node (Laminar Flow) to see if perhaps I had made a mistake while building my other model.

However, I am experiencing the same issue with this model.

I have read all the other discussion posts, and have tried using the assembly, makiing sure 'keep interior boundaries' is selected as well as using other Booleans and Partitions but no matter the settings I use, I am unable to select the interior boundary as it reads 'Inapplicable.' I suspect the Legacy Wall Feature might be to blame, but find I am still unable to select any interior boundaries as a Wall.

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated and thank you so much in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 25 juil. 2024, 16:21 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 days ago 25 juil. 2024, 16:12 UTC−4

Hello Sarah,

You would need to use the "Interior Wall" feature instead of "Wall". Whether the license you are using includes that feature depends on which add-on modules were purchased for that license. See the Specification Chart for more details. You can find out which modules are on your license under File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Sarah, You would need to use the "Interior Wall" feature instead of "Wall". Whether the license you are using includes that feature depends on which add-on modules were purchased for that license. See the [Specification Chart](https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/) for more details. You can find out which modules are on your license under File > Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 days ago 25 juil. 2024, 16:21 UTC−4

A workaround would be to give the interior wall some thickness and exclude it from the simulation domain (so you don't have to mesh a thin region).

A workaround would be to give the interior wall some thickness and exclude it from the simulation domain (so you don't have to mesh a thin region).

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.