Physics coupling between Turbulent Flow and acoustic calculation modules

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently working on a 2D-axisymmetric model on an aeroacoustics problem. I have done linearized potential flow study by the “Linearized Potential Flow” physics to acquire all the cut-on modes for different flow velocities. And I plan to follow-up with a calculation of the background mean flow by using the “Turbulent Flow, k-omega” physics. For the Multiphysics coupling, I found that only acoustics modules I can link are either Linearized Euler (L.E.E.) or Linearized Navier-Stokes (L.N.S.). Is possible that I can link the non-potential flow calculation (RANS) to a linearized potential flow solution through the Multiphysics option? If not, can I feed a modal type source to LEE solution as the source input in linearized potential flow calculation?

Thanks.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.