Issue of taking absolute value of source signal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I assigned a modulated gaussian pulse to a circle in 2D through electric current density. However, the result when the wave propagates does not show the negative part as if it is in absolute value form. This is verified by a probe result. How to cancel the absolute effect?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 2 juil. 2024, 13:20 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 day ago 2 juil. 2024, 13:20 UTC−4
Updated: 1 day ago 2 juil. 2024, 13:20 UTC−4

Any chance you are plotting the norm (i.e., magnitude) of your signal vs. time? In many cases, Comsol's default/suggested plots are of the norms of values of interest. If that's not your problem, then I suggest you post your model to the forum so that people can see what you are actually trying to do.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Any chance you are plotting the norm (i.e., magnitude) of your signal vs. time? In many cases, Comsol's default/suggested plots are of the norms of values of interest. If that's not your problem, then I suggest you post your model to the forum so that people can see what you are actually trying to do.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.