Simulating magnetic field of an RF Coplanar Waveguide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I hope all is well. I was wondering if someone could help me with simulating the magnetic field due to exciting a coplaner waveguide in the RF module. I added magnetic fields Physics module and a stationary solver step, but I cannot get a plot of the magnetic field

3 Replies Last Post 14 juin 2024, 14:01 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 weeks ago 14 juin 2024, 13:08 UTC−4

There are several coplaner waveguide (cpw) examples in the Comsol Application Library, which make use of the RF module. The examples already compute electric and magnetic fields. Not sure why you would want to add another module. Perhaps you should post your .mph file to the forum?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There are several coplaner waveguide (cpw) examples in the Comsol Application Library, which make use of the RF module. The examples already compute electric and magnetic fields. Not sure why you would want to add another module. Perhaps you should post your .mph file to the forum?

Posted: 3 weeks ago 14 juin 2024, 13:36 UTC−4

Hello,

Thanks so much for your response. I am only able to upload geometry due to file size, but these examples only compute electeric field. I am interested in the magnetic field. I appreciate your help a lot.

Omar

>There are several coplaner waveguide (cpw) examples in the Comsol Application Library, which make use of the RF module. The examples already compute electric and magnetic fields. Not sure why you would want to add another module. Perhaps you should post your .mph file to the forum? > > Hello, Thanks so much for your response. I am only able to upload geometry due to file size, but these examples only compute electeric field. I am interested in the magnetic field. I appreciate your help a lot. Omar

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 weeks ago 14 juin 2024, 14:01 UTC−4
Updated: 3 weeks ago 14 juin 2024, 14:11 UTC−4

As Comsol suggests: "If your MPH-files are large, you can greatly reduce their size by selecting Clear All Built Meshes from the Mesh menu and Clear All Solutions from the Study menu, and then saving your MPH-files." Please try that.

Also, if/wherever you may be plotting quanties like emw.Ex, emw.Ey, emw.Ez, or emw.normE, consider simply replacing those by emw.Hx, emw.Hy, emw.Hz, or emw.normH.

You can also select these from various post-processing menus. E.g., see image attached, from one of the Comsol-supplied cpw examples I mentioned.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
As Comsol suggests: "If your MPH-files are large, you can greatly reduce their size by selecting Clear All Built Meshes from the Mesh menu and Clear All Solutions from the Study menu, and then saving your MPH-files." Please try that. Also, if/wherever you may be plotting quanties like emw.Ex, emw.Ey, emw.Ez, or emw.normE, consider simply replacing those by emw.Hx, emw.Hy, emw.Hz, or emw.normH. You can also select these from various post-processing menus. E.g., see image attached, from one of the Comsol-supplied cpw examples I mentioned.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.