Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply AC voltage on two capacitor plates.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All
Hope you will be fine. I am beginer in the comsol, i want to model the electric field in two parallel plate capacitor by applying AC voltage to it and to see the electric field. I don't know how to apply on it . I have seen some example in which they use electric circuit for applying it but i can't see the nodes on which they have applied it.
Regards
ABid

4 Replies Last Post 20 févr. 2014, 06:24 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 nov. 2012, 03:12 UTC−5
Try 1 V or whatever at one plate and ground at the other plate, then add a frequency domain study.
Frequency domain represents AC voltage excitation in this case.
Try 1 V or whatever at one plate and ground at the other plate, then add a frequency domain study. Frequency domain represents AC voltage excitation in this case.

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 nov. 2012, 06:31 UTC−5
Thanks for reply, will the frequency analysis will not change the frequency? i want to see the effect on same frequency
Regards
ABid
Thanks for reply, will the frequency analysis will not change the frequency? i want to see the effect on same frequency Regards ABid

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 nov. 2012, 07:08 UTC−5

You are free to decide whether you want to restrict the analysis to one frequency or a range of frequencies.

Cheers
Edgar
You are free to decide whether you want to restrict the analysis to one frequency or a range of frequencies. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 févr. 2014, 06:24 UTC−5

Try 1 V or whatever at one plate and ground at the other plate, then add a frequency domain study.
Frequency domain represents AC voltage excitation in this case.

Hi Eric,
I saw your replay in the Comsol forum and ask help from you. I want to add DC voltage and AC voltage on one capacitor plate, in frequency domain and I will analysis the frequency response. How should I add the Vac?how to solve the 't' problem? Please help me !
[QUOTE] Try 1 V or whatever at one plate and ground at the other plate, then add a frequency domain study. Frequency domain represents AC voltage excitation in this case. [/QUOTE] Hi Eric, I saw your replay in the Comsol forum and ask help from you. I want to add DC voltage and AC voltage on one capacitor plate, in frequency domain and I will analysis the frequency response. How should I add the Vac?how to solve the 't' problem? Please help me !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.