Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About The Time Step Setting Of The Solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

About The Time Step Setting Of The Solver(stat,step,stop),I have the following questions.If there will be any answers, I will be very grateful. (1)Can the time step setting of the transient solver be set to multiple ranges? (2)There is a transient period in my life that I don't need to see. How do I need to transition? It can be set to a larger step value to skip this time period? (3)Must the start value of the next range be equal to the stop value of the previous range? Can the stat value of the next range greater than the stop value of the previous range? Will this affect the results and accuracy of the transient process. The first of my two processes is the microsecond level, the second is the second level .“range (0,2.18E-4, 2.18E-3), range (1,1,16)” Can I set it like this? (4)The settings under the“Transient Solver 1 ” .There are two options for "defined by research steps": user-defined, and step 1: transient. Is this to be modified to user-defined?

2 Replies Last Post 15 mars 2023, 04:28 UTC−4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 year ago 12 mars 2023, 14:51 UTC−4

The specification range(t0,dt,tf) is equivalent to a list of time values. For the calculation to make sense the time values need to be monotonic.

I don't know what happens if you REPEAT time values in the list but (1) I can't see why you would do this and (2) it probably isn't good.

The specification range(t0,dt,tf) is equivalent to a list of time values. For the calculation to make sense the time values need to be monotonic. I don't know what happens if you REPEAT time values in the list but (1) I can't see why you would do this and (2) it probably isn't good.

Posted: 1 year ago 15 mars 2023, 04:28 UTC−4

The specification range(t0,dt,tf) is equivalent to a list of time values. For the calculation to make sense the time values need to be monotonic.

I don't know what happens if you REPEAT time values in the list but (1) I can't see why you would do this and (2) it probably isn't good.

Thank you.

>The specification range(t0,dt,tf) is equivalent to a list of time values. For the calculation to make sense the time values need to be monotonic. > >I don't know what happens if you REPEAT time values in the list but (1) I can't see why you would do this and (2) it probably isn't good. Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.