Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to combine the Semiconductor module with the MEMS piezoelectric module in COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to run a simulation in which I need 2 modules together: the MEMS Module which deals with the piezoelectric effect by coupling both the Solid Mechanics (solid) and Electrostatics (es) interfaces, and the Semiconductor Module. So far both modules are working independently, and I could not find a suitable method to integrate them together. My research is regarding the doping effect on piezoelectric potential output and properties. So I need the equations of both modules to be able to cross-communicate to cover all theoretical aspects of this simulation. I tried to change the equations of the semiconductor module but was not successful. So my question is, what are all the steps needed so that I can change the COMSOL setup to combine both modules (MEMS and Semiconductor) for them to cross-communicate and simulate successfully?

1 Reply Last Post 11 janv. 2023, 19:10 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 11 janv. 2023, 19:10 UTC−5

I looked for the MEMS module and the semiconductor module, but I couldn't find an example of modeling by coupling the two modules together. I couldn't find an example of combining the two modules, but it seems possible. However, it seems necessary to study which calculation result values are exchanged with each other in each module, or which variables or factors are affected by the calculation result values.

I looked for the MEMS module and the semiconductor module, but I couldn't find an example of modeling by coupling the two modules together. I couldn't find an example of combining the two modules, but it seems possible. However, it seems necessary to study which calculation result values are exchanged with each other in each module, or which variables or factors are affected by the calculation result values.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.