Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Taking time for the meshing

Logeeshan Velmanickam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to do a microelectrode array simulation. Where the micro electrode structures are in the micro scale and the array size is 2x1 cm scale. When i do the mesh, it takes me more than 3 days and it hangsup. I am using a 30GB i7 machine for this simulation purpose. When i tried to upload the .mph file, i failed to compress it to 5Mb even after following all your guidelines. Could you please help me to do this simulation.

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 15 déc. 2022, 12:07 UTC−5

Posted: 2 years ago 15 déc. 2022, 04:23 UTC−5

Do you have to simulate the entire array? Can some sort of preiodicty BC be used to minimise the model complexity?

Do you have to simulate the entire array? Can some sort of preiodicty BC be used to minimise the model complexity?

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 15 déc. 2022, 12:07 UTC−5

Two possibilities: (1) your problem is too big for current computers or (2) you are not meshing efficiently. If you can't mesh it you sure can't solve it.

Look into using periodicity and/ or symmetry. Look up the Comsol tutorial on meshing.

Two possibilities: (1) your problem is too big for current computers or (2) you are not meshing efficiently. If you can't mesh it you sure can't solve it. Look into using periodicity and/ or symmetry. Look up the Comsol tutorial on meshing.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.