Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have created hexahedron meshing using swept command for my region of interest. I want to create an control volume with air as it material. But when i use tetrahedral meshing it gives low quality elements. How to proceed with this??. My region of interest is of cylindrical shape and air region is also cylindrical shape.

1 Reply Last Post 6 nov. 2022, 16:13 UTC−5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 6 nov. 2022, 16:13 UTC−5

If you don't post your model (which is a geometry only at this point) no one can give anything more than the most general advice.

It is also not clear what you mean by "low quality elements." Are you using the element quality measure in Comsol? Appearance? Size?

In general it is unusual to have a significant number of poor quality elements in simple geometries.

If you don't post your model (which is a geometry only at this point) no one can give anything more than the most general advice. It is also not clear what you mean by "low quality elements." Are you using the element quality measure in Comsol? Appearance? Size? In general it is unusual to have a significant number of poor quality elements in simple geometries.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.