Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Thermal Stress to Transient Acoustic - solid interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am interested in coupling Thermal Stress to Transient Acoustic - solid interaction as they did in:

https://www.comsol.com/paper/laser-ultrasonics-wave-generation-and-propagation-fe-model-in-metallic-materials-15405

But I am having trouble deciding if I even need to add the acoustic module or just stick with the structural mechanics module but add sturcutrual transient behavior that includes inertial terms.

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 19 oct. 2022, 13:39 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ajuliao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.