Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model General Heat Source term as function in Comsol 5.6?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am new to Comsol, and needed some help. I am simulating a simple heat transfer setup with 'heat transfer in fluids' module under stationary study. I was trying to model Domain Heat Source (general heat source Q) in units of W/m^3 as a function (eg. exponential or any other functional form).

I tried using the parameters, variables and function options under 'Global Definitions'. Maybe I am doing something incorrectly or missed out on some logic to model such a domain heat source.

Can someone kindly suggest/help me on the same? How can I model such a domain heat source in a functional form instead of a constant value?

Thanks and regards!

0 Replies Last Post 6 oct. 2022, 08:56 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Medhavi Pandya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.