Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field specification for particle tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to have a COMSOL simulation where I simulate the electric field from a specific geometry with specified voltages. I then want to propagate electrons in this field. I oriented my simulation on the magnetic_lens example in COMSOL. I, however, get the error, that the electric field (which should originate from the previous simulation) is not defined, and I don't find the issue. As far as I can tell I have to specify in the charged particle tracing physics node the electric force from the electric field (es)? Is that correct or do I need to specify something else?

If my question is unclear, let me know. I attached the corresponding simulation.

Cheers, Paul

1 Reply Last Post 26 août 2022, 09:54 UTC−4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 26 août 2022, 09:54 UTC−4
Updated: 2 years ago 26 août 2022, 09:59 UTC−4

Hi Paul,

please refer to this tutorial https://www.comsol.com/model/einzel-lens-14405. There are others for more sophisticated interaction between particles and electrostatic fields, but this one may help you to take off.

Sven

Hi Paul, please refer to this tutorial . There are others for more sophisticated interaction between particles and electrostatic fields, but this one may help you to take off. Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.