Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How may I get IFV by using Darcy's Law module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol users, I'm a M.Sc Engineering student and I'm working for my final dissertation on hyperthermia in solid tumors, combined with smart drug release and I have been using Comsol just for a few weeks now so I'm not that expert with it. I'm trying to build a model to simulate and to predict the behaviour of thermosensitive liposomes when injected at bolus inside the tumor at a certain temperature. I'm using a porous media model to simulate the biological tissue, although I came up with a problem. I'm trying to use Darcy's law to get the interstitial fluid pressure and velocity fields inside the tissue in order to find out how TSLs diffuse in the porous matrix, the problem is that Darcy's law module just gives me back pressure as a dependent variable but it doesn't let me know anything about velocity field, it looks weird to me because the continuity equation needs velocity. Is there a way to get velocity field by using this module or I have to use someone else? Thanks a lot in advance.

Gabriele Adabbo

0 Replies Last Post 11 mai 2022, 11:59 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gabriele Adabbo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.