Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MFNC - External Magnetic Flux Density (EMFD)

Emmanuel Lorenzo-Perez

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I do have a question regarding the External Magnetic Flux Density condition...

I am studying how the background magnetic field is affected by a dipole moment. However, when I compute the solution I get a random/alterated background magnetic field (arrows pointing to random directions, not uniformly). To 'fixed' that I use the EMFD condition and the field now points to the given direction (Z direction in my case). I understand this condition forces the background magnetic field change to be zero, therefore, you will not see any changes on the field. My point is that I do want to study the changes/perturbation that the dipole causes on the background field but with the EMFD condition changes are zero and without it I get a extremely perturbed magnetic field at all the domain. Any advices here. Thanks

Image attach is a COMSOL example from their website without the EMFD condition. See the random field even though the input field is only at Z direction

2 Replies Last Post 23 mai 2022, 13:38 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 9 mai 2022, 09:55 UTC−4

Hi,

something must be wrong in your model. In a proper setup you would see the dipole field. You don't need a background field.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, something must be wrong in your model. In a proper setup you would see the dipole field. You don't need a background field. Cheers Edgar

Emmanuel Lorenzo-Perez

Posted: 2 years ago 23 mai 2022, 13:38 UTC−4

Hi Edgard,

The reason I applied the background reduced magnetic field is becasuse I want to observe its effect on the dipole field. I did apply an External Magnetic Flux boudary because I wanted the background field to be on the direction I wanted but without the field it just behave randomly. Thanks

Hi Edgard, The reason I applied the background reduced magnetic field is becasuse I want to observe its effect on the dipole field. I did apply an External Magnetic Flux boudary because I wanted the background field to be on the direction I wanted but without the field it just behave randomly. Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.