Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling a pick up coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I'm new to COMSOL, I designed a 3D model of an inductor.. basically a toroid core of a ferromagnetic material around which the a coil winding. This inductor is placed around an ac current source which is a transmission power line. I'm trying to get some tips on how to couple between the two so that I can extract the induced current and voltage from the coil generated from the variation of the magnetic flux of the transmission line.. please see the attachment of the geometry of the system. Thanks in advance!

2 Replies Last Post 9 mars 2022, 04:12 UTC−5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 8 mars 2022, 15:30 UTC−5

Hi,

put this into mf physics and no specific coupling is required. Check the application library examples to learn how to properly set up coils.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, put this into mf physics and no specific coupling is required. Check the application library examples to learn how to properly set up coils. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 2 years ago 9 mars 2022, 04:12 UTC−5

Thanks for your reply Mr. Edgar. Yes I'm aware of using the mf physics and I already tried it but I'm having some difficulties on how to excite the transmission line as a coil by sine wave current of 1A (I used the external UvsI fed by AC current source and linked it to the transmission line, I don't know if this is how it's properly done) and also I couldn't set up the pick up coil as an external source to my circuit..

Thanks for your reply Mr. Edgar. Yes I'm aware of using the mf physics and I already tried it but I'm having some difficulties on how to excite the transmission line as a coil by sine wave current of 1A (I used the external UvsI fed by AC current source and linked it to the transmission line, I don't know if this is how it's properly done) and also I couldn't set up the pick up coil as an external source to my circuit..

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.