Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hydrogen production from electrolysis model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I have been working on a PEM water electrolyser model. I have integrated the electrolyser module and Free and Porous media flow physics to the model. I would like to measure the amount of hydrogen generated in the model but i am unable to figure out where tho measure the amount.

the problem i am faced with is that different measurements across the model yield vastly different output for hydrogen generation.

At first i tried a surface integration of total H2 flux magnitude on the hydrogen channel outputs (far right side of the model in the picture). this yields me a relatively small result for the hydrogen generation amount. Second, i did another surface integraton over the membrane, which yields me a result about 7x larger than the first attempt. Then doing a third integration over the gas diffusion layer surface gives an even larger result.

Last, i found a global auxilliary variable for the free and porous media interface that evaluates the outward mass flow rate across feature selection. This yields me yet another differenet value for the amount of hydrogen produced.

Where would be the correct location to measure hydrogen generation in an electolysis model? and which method can i use to evaluate that

0 Replies Last Post 24 févr. 2022, 09:52 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello toivo saabas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.