Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Assigning two different material properties to a single geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm working on the elctromagnetic simulation where I want to introduce an Air Gap in the Core. Can I assign a different material property (like Air) in the same Goemetry that I'm using for the Core ? Or are there any other methods in which this can be achieved ?

Thanks, Prashanth

3 Replies Last Post 11 févr. 2022, 04:09 UTC−5

Posted: 3 years ago 10 janv. 2022, 02:22 UTC−5

As long as the domains are separate, you can assign different materials to those domains.

As long as the domains are separate, you can assign different materials to those domains.

Posted: 3 years ago 10 janv. 2022, 05:16 UTC−5

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the response, I made a split with work plane and made it appear as different domain and so was able to add different material.

Thanks!

Hi Rene, Thanks for the response, I made a split with work plane and made it appear as different domain and so was able to add different material. Thanks!

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 11 févr. 2022, 04:09 UTC−5

Good to hear. And you can of course have situations where one domain has two different physics on it (structural plus heat or similar), where multiple material parameters are assigned to this one domain.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Good to hear. And you can of course have situations where one domain has two different physics on it (structural plus heat or similar), where multiple material parameters are assigned to this one domain.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.