Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to design an antenna?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am having the assignment to design a loop antenna, and I chose Circular Sectoral Patch microstrip The teacher asked us to design an antenna with Bandwidth: S11 < 10 dB Center frequency is 2.4 GHz Now I want to ask is how to think to design an antenna? I mean a step-by-step process to calculate the parameters for designing an antenna? Thanks for reading

1 Reply Last Post 8 janv. 2022, 12:27 UTC−5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 8 janv. 2022, 12:27 UTC−5

Loop antennas have existed for more than a century, so you can consider yourself fortunate, for there is quite a lot of literature available on them. If you are at a university, I encourage you to peruse the bookshelves in the RF engineering and antennas section of your library. There are also plentiful on-line resources. Just type "loop antenna" into any search engine, for example. You can find everything ranging from whole chapter pdf files taken from antenna theory textbooks to discussions by amateur radio operators, among others. There are even instructional videos available, for free, on-line!

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Loop antennas have existed for more than a century, so you can consider yourself fortunate, for there is quite a lot of literature available on them. If you are at a university, I encourage you to peruse the bookshelves in the RF engineering and antennas section of your library. There are also plentiful on-line resources. Just type "loop antenna" into any search engine, for example. You can find everything ranging from whole chapter pdf files taken from antenna theory textbooks to discussions by amateur radio operators, among others. There are even instructional videos available, for free, on-line!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.