Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Encounter an "undefine variable" when add a new probe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to Comsol and trying to run someone's model.

In his model, a stationary study was used to define a series of local coordinate system along the gemotry and another frequency domain study was then used to compute the displacement and velocity. The model ran through without any problem.

Because I wanted to get the pressure in addition to the original results, I added a new surface probe and set the expression as "p". An error jumped out, which said I have an undefined variable. The variable is the e1X value of the coordinate system. I am confused because I think adding a probe should not change andy physic or definition. How could this happen?

4 Replies Last Post 22 déc. 2021, 10:13 UTC−5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 21 déc. 2021, 03:14 UTC−5

Junfeng,

you must update the solution to make the new probe available in post processing.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Junfeng, you must update the solution to make the new probe available in post processing. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 3 years ago 21 déc. 2021, 13:32 UTC−5

The problem is when I tried to update the solution. I encounter the errors:

The problem is when I tried to update the solution. I encounter the errors:

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 22 déc. 2021, 04:29 UTC−5

Update solution doesn't mean update the plot. You find it in the 'Study' contect menu.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Update solution doesn't mean update the plot. You find it in the 'Study' contect menu.

Posted: 3 years ago 22 déc. 2021, 10:13 UTC−5

I did try both "compute" and "update solution" in the setting of the "study1" node. That was where the error came out. I then search for the "comp1.cc.e1X". I did find the definition under the curvilinear coordinate node (see the attachment).

I am comfused about the way COMSOL compile the nodes. Is there any way to debug the settings?

I did try both "compute" and "update solution" in the setting of the "study1" node. That was where the error came out. I then search for the "comp1.cc.e1X". I did find the definition under the curvilinear coordinate node (see the attachment). I am comfused about the way COMSOL compile the nodes. Is there any way to debug the settings?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.