Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating 2D curvilinear coordinate system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

For my model I wish to add a curvilinear coordinate system on the middle layer of my model. Such that I'm able to define the anisotropic material properties along the curvature of the middle layer (sinusoidal layer). However, I keep receiving the message: 'Division by zero. - Function: / Failed to evaluate variable. - Variable: comp1.cc.vX'

I'm don't what's wrong with my model, since I followed the same steps as the provided 'carbon fiber' tutorial on curvilinear systems in the application library. Does anyone know how to fix the model?

1 Reply Last Post 19 nov. 2021, 07:10 UTC−5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 19 nov. 2021, 07:10 UTC−5

A first guess would be that you try to solve for the orientations of the coordinate system in the same study (or study step) as the physics that is going to use these orientations.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
A first guess would be that you try to solve for the orientations of the coordinate system in the same study (or study step) as the physics that is going to use these orientations.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.