Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

trublent flow with solidification

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all..

I am solving a turblent flow coupled with heat transfer and solidification.

In the model library to model the same problem for continuous casting,, laminar flow is used.
I am including the turblence equations..

while solving CC in model libarary , to dampen the velocity in ths solid region source term F is used.

now in turblence equation to dampen the turblent KE generation and KE dissipation in the solid region..
i want to use similar kind of source term in the governing equations of k and e.

rho*u*div k = ...........+.......+....+....+Fk
rho*u*div e = ...........+.......+....+....+Fe

where Fk and Fe are the terms to add in governing equations of k and e..
how can i d o it..i am trying to use weak contribution but not succesful..

Fk and Fe are similar to Fr an dFz in CC prsent in model library
Fr and Fz are added in navier stokes ..
i need Fk and Fe to add in k and e equations..

can anyone suggest how to do that

i know that i am solving a highly nonliner problem and my system is crying to get the solution..

please suggest the better solver steps to get the solution faster with desired accuracy

thakns in advance

1 Reply Last Post 27 janv. 2016, 05:04 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 27 janv. 2016, 05:04 UTC−5
Hi Pavan,

Do you have find a solution to use phase change with apparent heat capacity method and turbulent flow in the same model?

Best regards

Julien
Hi Pavan, Do you have find a solution to use phase change with apparent heat capacity method and turbulent flow in the same model? Best regards Julien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.