Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Query regarding wave propagation in metal and dielectrics?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well. I am beginner in comsol, I need a little help regarding the plot, I attached with this query. Please, If someone knows then kindly help me. Regards, Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 22 juil. 2021, 10:20 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 21 juil. 2021, 16:30 UTC−4

Sure, but I encourage you to provide much more information! For example, what kind of help do you need? What are you trying to model? What are you trying to compute? Did you create that plot via your own Comsol model or are you perhaps trying to interpret someone else's plot that was given to you? Do you believe that the plot that you posted to the forum is correct, but you are having trouble interpreting it? Or do you perhaps believe that the plot is incorrect, and you are hoping someone here can suggest what might be wrong with the model that generated it?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Sure, but I encourage you to provide *much more information*! For example, what kind of *help* do you need? What are you trying to model? What are you trying to compute? Did you create that plot via your own Comsol model or are you perhaps trying to interpret someone else's plot that was given to you? Do you believe that the plot that you posted to the forum is correct, but you are having trouble interpreting it? Or do you perhaps believe that the plot is incorrect, and you are hoping someone here can suggest what might be wrong with the model that generated it?

Posted: 3 years ago 21 juil. 2021, 22:50 UTC−4

Dear Sir, I just want to study wave propagation in simple dielectric and metal. I had designed the model, but unable to plot this. Kindly guide me to plot this. Thankyou.

Dear Sir, I just want to study wave propagation in simple dielectric and metal. I had designed the model, but unable to plot this. Kindly guide me to plot this. Thankyou.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 22 juil. 2021, 10:20 UTC−4

You can find examples of fairly similar plots (showing 2D views of various waves interacting with interfaces) among the models in the Comsol-supplied Application Library. I suggest you load and study some of those.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can find examples of fairly similar plots (showing 2D views of various waves interacting with interfaces) among the models in the Comsol-supplied Application Library. I suggest you load and study some of those.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.