Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electric circuit

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to insert an electric circuit next a magnetic device to measure the power courant.my model is represented in 3 D, for I notice that the option 'Multi-Turn Coil Domain ' is found only in 2D or 2D axisymmetric.
so my question how can i insert the electric circuit in 3D model?

5 Replies Last Post 4 févr. 2015, 10:43 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mai 2012, 09:37 UTC−4
Hi

use terminal BC to get additional bulk variables for our electric parameters.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi use terminal BC to get additional bulk variables for our electric parameters. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 mai 2012, 07:23 UTC−4
can you pleaz tell me the step that i should fallow!!i didn't found it.
thank you very much!
can you pleaz tell me the step that i should fallow!!i didn't found it. thank you very much!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mai 2012, 03:06 UTC−4
Hi

Sorry, I see such a node, but you have not given any version, perhaps you need a newer version of COMSOL, as everything was not implemented fully in the first 4.0-4.2 versions

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sorry, I see such a node, but you have not given any version, perhaps you need a newer version of COMSOL, as everything was not implemented fully in the first 4.0-4.2 versions -- Good luck Ivar

Mohammed Thameemul Ansari

Posted: 9 years ago 4 févr. 2015, 10:39 UTC−5
I am using newer version but still i dont know how to couple the electric circuit for magnetic sensors with FEM model of the sensor.

Firstly, if i create the circuit with coil then how can assign the coil in COMSOL.

Secondly, how to create the ODE for the circuit still i am not clear about the ODE?

Thanks in advance
I am using newer version but still i dont know how to couple the electric circuit for magnetic sensors with FEM model of the sensor. Firstly, if i create the circuit with coil then how can assign the coil in COMSOL. Secondly, how to create the ODE for the circuit still i am not clear about the ODE? Thanks in advance

Mohammed Thameemul Ansari

Posted: 9 years ago 4 févr. 2015, 10:43 UTC−5
I hope if you use comsol 5 version you can solve this problem because they have multi turn coil in 3D now.

Did you solve the problem of coupling magnetic circuit with FEM? IF so would you please help me to solve the problem....
I hope if you use comsol 5 version you can solve this problem because they have multi turn coil in 3D now. Did you solve the problem of coupling magnetic circuit with FEM? IF so would you please help me to solve the problem....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.