Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axisymmetric Integration is giving wrong results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello guys

I ran into an issue while computing an integral (intop1) in an axisymmetric simulation, I have a variable which is pressure (p) and I need to integrate it over a body surface, when integral is calculated it's yielding force in r-direction which is not correct at all. does anyone have any idea why this happens? is it a bug?

Best, William

1 Reply Last Post 5 mai 2021, 15:21 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 5 mai 2021, 15:21 UTC−4

It is probably not a bug. You probably have an error somewhere in either the way you set up the model or performed the force computation. I suggest you post your model to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
It is *probably* not a bug. You *probably* have an error somewhere in either the way you set up the model or performed the force computation. I suggest you post your model to the forum.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.