Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diffusive flux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am running some simulations taking into account the diffusive flux across a curved interface using (tds.dflux_cr * nr + tds.dflux_cz * nz). When postprocessing the results, I've noticed that the integral of (tds.dflux_cr * nr + tds.dflux_cz * nz) and tds.ndflux_c at that interface are different. Interestingly, when calculating the integral of tds.ndflux_c, I've got the expected behavior, while the integral of (tds.dflux_cr * nr + tds.dflux_cz * nz) deviates from what I expect. I've then tried to solve the problem specifying tds.ndflux_c for the calculation of the normal diffusive flux across the interface, but the solver fails. Any tips on this behavior?

Best regards, NP

2 Replies Last Post 27 avr. 2021, 10:27 UTC−4

Posted: 3 years ago 26 avr. 2021, 23:22 UTC−4

Dear all,

I just found the problem.

Best regards, NP

Dear all, I just found the problem. Best regards, NP

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 27 avr. 2021, 10:27 UTC−4

Hi Natan,

For the sake of other users of this Discussion Forum who may some day have the same question, I encourage you to expand on what the problem was.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Natan, For the sake of other users of this Discussion Forum who may some day have the same question, I encourage you to expand on what the problem was. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.