Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extract points from line graph?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am simulating flow (2D) in a straight, rectangular channel and to get a velocity profile I have made a vertical cut line in the channel. However, is it possible to get the exact data from certain points in this cut line? Say, 5, 10 and 15 cm from one of the channel edges, placed on the cut line I have made?

I know I can use the mouse to get points from the 2D surface, but I want the data in specific points.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards,

Maria

3 Replies Last Post 14 mai 2012, 07:25 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mai 2012, 04:48 UTC−4
Hi

if you have the coordinates, its better to create a sub-set of your data set at these points, and export that (to a file or to a "table" and then via a plot or a Cut&Paste.

Do not forget to tweak the polynomial interpolation, if you are not already happy with the default

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you have the coordinates, its better to create a sub-set of your data set at these points, and export that (to a file or to a "table" and then via a plot or a Cut&Paste. Do not forget to tweak the polynomial interpolation, if you are not already happy with the default -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mai 2012, 06:41 UTC−4
Hello,

Thanks, that worked just fine!

How do I tweak the polynomial interpolation?

/Maria
Hello, Thanks, that worked just fine! How do I tweak the polynomial interpolation? /Maria

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mai 2012, 07:25 UTC−4
Hi

somwhere in the lower tabs of the Plot and/or extraction GUI window

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi somwhere in the lower tabs of the Plot and/or extraction GUI window -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.