Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Visualization of difference between solutions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there

I have a model with 4 different solutions stored. Theese solutions are aquired in the same geomtry but with different meshes and boundary conditions. I would like to compare the results from theese different studyies and visualize them.

I am modelling fluid flow so it would be natural to compare the velocities, is there an easy way to plot, for instance, the difference in velocity from two solutions? something like a sliceplot of [(solution1 spf.U) - (solution2 spf.U)] would be perfect.

As far as I can see, when I choose the velocity node under results I have to choose only one of the stored solutions.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards
Arthur Andreassen

2 Replies Last Post 15 mai 2012, 08:34 UTC−4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mai 2012, 04:02 UTC−4
Hi,

In version 4.2a you can create Join data sets that combine two solutions. The default is to form the difference (but you can also form a sum, product, quotient, or general expression). You can then point to such a Join data set from a plot group to visualize the difference between the solutions.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, In version 4.2a you can create Join data sets that combine two solutions. The default is to form the difference (but you can also form a sum, product, quotient, or general expression). You can then point to such a Join data set from a plot group to visualize the difference between the solutions. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 mai 2012, 08:34 UTC−4
That was exactly what I wanted and it worked great! Thanks alot
That was exactly what I wanted and it worked great! Thanks alot

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.