Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cannot figure out why I get this error [Solid Mechanics]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been given a model which uses Cell Periodicity to model a unit cell representing a large repetitive structure. Periodic boundary conditions are used on the outer boundaries of this unit cell. When I run the model however, I get this message:

Error in multiphysics compilation. Failed to copy mesh. - Boundary similarity: src2dst_bp3_cp1_sim5 - Detail: Source and destination are not compatible.

I have attached a picture where source and destination are defined - not sure what it means? I have selected "Boundary similarity: src2dst_bp3_cp1_sim5" in the model to the right, its highlighted in yellow.

I cannot get the picture to show, but I have uploaded a screenshot to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/ksD7MIA

Any ideas are appreciated

0 Replies Last Post 13 mars 2021, 09:30 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vensel Lindquist

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.