Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

step function issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have a dynamic system that I simulate for 0.2 seconds. It has two angular velocities of interest, the flapping and the rotation rates. I run 4 simulations in total. They all have the same flapping and rotation rate profile with one difference: I add or subtract some number (epsilon) at t=0.01 s. I use the step function for this process and define a transition region to avoid convergence issues.

The problem is the strain difference between two cases appears at t=0.08, although the perturbation is applied at t=0.1. Interestingly, it is not the case when we perturbed the rotation rate, that is, there is an inconsistency.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Summary of Simulations

• sim1: nominal trajectory+step function on flapping

• sim2: nominal trajectory-step function on flapping

• sim3: nominal trajectory+step function on rotation

• sim4: nominal trajectory-step function on rotation simulation time step=0.001 s

Step Function Parameters

Size of Transition: 0.001 s

0 Replies Last Post 5 mars 2021, 18:47 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Burak Boyacioglu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.