Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to find the end-state shape of a Hyperelastic Device Upon Pressure Variation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm totally new to the COMSOL Software environment and I would like to know how it would be possible to find the end-state shape of a 3D structure upon both pressurisation and de-pressurisation.

Currently, I have chosen a structural mechanics physics with a Stationary Study. I had created the part in Solidworks and imported the geometry into COMSOL Multiphysics. I have chosen a Hyperelastic Gent Material Model for the 3D Structure and had entered the material properties accordingly.

A negative pressure is being applied on the inner cavity of the 3D structure as a boundary load. One vertex is made as a fixed constraint.

The error I'm getting is "Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned."

I had also tried increasing the number of iteration steps to 100 but this too did not prove to be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 27 févr. 2021, 19:19 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Midhun Varghese

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.