Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mass Constraint Diffusive Flux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to model a reacting flow tube system with using transport of concentrated species (tcs) and turbulent flow(k-e) interfaces. In the model, there are 4 inlets for different species (gas). At the interface of TCS comsol wants us to define a mass constraint. And it is mentioned in the comsol help documentation, to minimize the effects of mass constraint to the calculations it should be selected as the species that has the highest concentration. My model consists of inflows of mass flow rates in TCS interface and inlets of average velocities (under fully developed flow) in turbulent flow interface. The mass constraint species is the main flow of my model and when I examined the results that main flow (the species defined as mass constraint) was coming almost every inlet. Why is this happening and how can I interrupt/block these fluxes of Mass Constraint Species? Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 15 févr. 2021, 09:47 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Denizhan Erenler

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.