Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating a solid object based on a parametric curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Yesterday I started this thread asking on how I could extrude a geometry based on parametric curves. It took me awhile to understand that I had to insert the curve inside of a work plane to do so. This resulted in a shell of the shape I want to now make into a (filled) solid.

I then found this blog post where the author makes The Matterhorn Mountain using interpolation data. In the blog post the author makes a block of the size of the parametric surface created and then uses convert to solid using the block and the parametric surface. However, in my case, the shape changes by changing m which is the number of pseudo-vertices of the shape. Because of that I can't create a block that fits exactly in the area of my parametric surface.

This makes my solid to have only one entity and thus I can't delete the created block.

You can see my .mph file attached. How can I procced?

EDIT: I also tried to create several curves with different intervals and unifying them as well as creating several parametric shapes without any look. I've seen this answer that led me to belive that I was not properly closing the shape, but there it seems I can't seem to find a way to close this curve.

0 Replies Last Post 19 janv. 2021, 04:13 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Guilherme Theis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.