Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can not specify the temperature at certain points in Heat Transfer in Solids Physics module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone

I am trying to do an optimization about pure heat conduction. When I attempted to assign the boundary conditions, i.e., specify the temperature at several points, I found it nearly impossible. There is no such function in Comsol to specify the temperature to a certain point. You can only do this to boundaries, but not points. I am confused. Why doesn't Comsol support this? It is very wired. I think it is a very common function and somewhat indispensable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

1 Reply Last Post 11 janv. 2021, 16:13 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 11 janv. 2021, 16:13 UTC−5
Updated: 3 years ago 11 janv. 2021, 16:14 UTC−5

Hello Xiaoqiang,

You can very much specify the temperature at points, using pointwise constraints, as shown in the attached file. Do beware the singularities that may result.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Xiaoqiang, You can very much specify the temperature at points, using pointwise constraints, as shown in the attached file. Do beware the singularities that may result. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.