Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid/gas phase equilibrium reactions with gas transport

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out the best way to setup solid/gas reactions using the Reaction engineering lab and the chemical engineering module.

The overall problem is to address the effusion of gas out of a material, where the multiple gases can be in contact with multiple solid condensed species (activity=1 and ideal mixing w/ gases), where there is one dominate solid species and the other deplete to zero as they react to form a gas. The gas concentrations can be assumed to be in equilibrium reaction with the solid because the reaction kinetics are much faster than the gas effusion rate.

I have seen how to treat gas reactions that involve only one solid phase, but am unsure how to address multiple condensed species. Additionally, I need to treat the gas flow for the species indivdually (based on a dusty gas flow) so I dont want to artificial denote a solvent gas that would dominate the flow properties unless necessary.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 29 juin 2017, 16:46 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joseph Pantina

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 29 juin 2017, 16:46 UTC−4
Hi, Joseph,

I am a beginner on COMSOL. I am doing a simulation of gas flow over a porous slab. The gas react with the porous material. I do not know how to carry this out. I see you know something about gas/solid reactions. Could you refer me to the tutorial ?

Thanks much,

Hi, Joseph, I am a beginner on COMSOL. I am doing a simulation of gas flow over a porous slab. The gas react with the porous material. I do not know how to carry this out. I see you know something about gas/solid reactions. Could you refer me to the tutorial ? Thanks much,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.