Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Copuling Electric field and Velocity filed in PARTICLE TRACING

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello! I have a problem with the Particle tracing for fluid flow package (ver. 5.4). I want my particles are affected by the Drag force and also by the sourrounding electric field. So I add to my domain the Drag force and the Electric force. I first solve a Stationary study for both the Velocity field (Laminar flow package) and the Electric field (Electrostatics package). When I want to solve the Time dependent study for the Particle trajectories, I combine the studies with "Values of variables not solved for" -> Method "Solution" -> Study "Study 1: Stationary". But what happens is that the particles are affected only by the drag force and so by the velocity field, and not also by the Electric field. How I can fix this issue? Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Antonia

1 Reply Last Post 16 juil. 2020, 10:44 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 16 juil. 2020, 10:44 UTC−4

Hi Antonia,

It seems like you are on the right track. Maybe your Drag Force and Electric Force nodes aren't setup properly, but it's hard to tell without having a look at your model. Can you post your model?

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Antonia, It seems like you are on the right track. Maybe your Drag Force and Electric Force nodes aren't setup properly, but it's hard to tell without having a look at your model. Can you post your model? Cheers, Alex

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.