Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

temp files with COMSOL

Nikhil Valsan Kulangareth

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am accesing the Comsol using CMC cloud platform. So I have limit for the data storage .

When I start my simulation it cause the piling up of huge temp files and I am unable to complete my simulation. When I contacted the cloud host i recieved the following reply.

" I would suggest you create multiply steps within one study, when it runs the next step it will be automatically based on previous step's result as initial point. Good thing is that for each step when it is done it release temp data and only store the results in memory. So even the simulation is not finished at final step due to some reason, you would not lost all result, as the finished step results will be available for you."

How can I accomplish this? How can I create multiple steps in one study?

Is there any other solutions for the same issue?

Thanks in advance Nikhil

1 Reply Last Post 18 juin 2020, 11:06 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 18 juin 2020, 11:06 UTC−4
Updated: 4 years ago 18 juin 2020, 11:06 UTC−4

Hi Nikhil,

Is a single run of your simulation already occupying too much space, or is it the accumulation of files from one run to the other?

In the later case, why not clearing your /tmp between each run? You can also check your COMSOL preferences : there are some files that you can choose to save in /tmp or not.

In the former case, creating multiple steps in one study is simply a right click on your study in the model builder, then select the kind of step that you want. Or directly select the step and duplicate it.

Hi Nikhil, Is a single run of your simulation already occupying too much space, or is it the accumulation of files from one run to the other? In the later case, why not clearing your /tmp between each run? You can also check your COMSOL preferences : there are some files that you can choose to save in /tmp or not. In the former case, creating multiple steps in one study is simply a right click on your study in the model builder, then select the kind of step that you want. Or directly select the step and duplicate it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.