Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Deleting geometry which lies outside of domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I want to delete the segments of the cylinder geometries which lie outisde of the domain of the cube, and keep the segments which lie within the cube using the application builder coding. (see attached image). I have tried using the 'BoxSelection' tool: g.create("boxsel1","BoxSelection"); but i am unable to delete geometry outside of the domain selected. How can i do this using the inbuilt java code?

Thanks,

-alex

1 Reply Last Post 23 mai 2020, 23:54 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 23 mai 2020, 23:54 UTC−4

Not sure about the java code, but if you were using the user-interface, you would consider using simple Boolean operators (like intersection, for example), to keep only the domains inside the box. Does that help?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Not sure about the java code, but if you were using the user-interface, you would consider using simple Boolean operators (like *intersection*, for example), to keep only the domains inside the box. Does that help?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.