Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2d- asymmetric induction heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a senior i working on simulating the response that a aluminum structure has to an external coil. i have built the assembly entirely in comsol and can run the simulation. when i create a new project using the inductive heating preset it loads in and after i build my objects it puts magnetic insulators on all the boundaries. the resulting simulation shows that the magnetic flux never leaves the coil, as if it was trapped inside. my question is how to get the field to actually leave the coil and influence inductive heating on the objects. attached is the .mph file, i had to clear the study though to make it small enough to attach.

0 Replies Last Post 15 avr. 2020, 14:06 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Callan Herberger

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.