Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Randomly distribute inhomogeneous material properties in space from their Probability Distribution Functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm working with the Li-ion Battery physics in 3D and for my problem, materials don't have constant homogenous properties (ex: conductivity, radius of particles, etc...) but heterogenous with a well-known distribution of values. I still don't find a convenient way to take into account of these distributions as input parameters for the model.

What I've been trying to do in the last few days is to combine the probability distribution functions (that I know) of my parameters with a random function (uniform) to create a randomize inhomogeneous volume for each parameter like in this post . Then I can generate a data file (in which, we have now a distribution in spatial domain in respect to the probability distribution of each parameter) that can be introduced in the battery moded as interpolation functions.

I'm not sure if it's is the best way to do. Could you show me what the correct method is for this task? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 25 mars 2020, 08:05 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tuan Tu Nguyen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.