Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electrical Circuit in Electrostatic Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

Is it possible to have a electrical circuit problem connected with an electrostatics problem?
For example I want to connect a capacitor with a certain value to my electrostatics simulation.
If yes, how do I connect them, when my Terminal BC is defined in the electrostatics?

Thank you for your help...

Thomas

7 Replies Last Post 7 juil. 2013, 05:21 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 déc. 2011, 11:50 UTC−5
I got the same problem, I saw a paper mentioned using extrusion coupling and assmblies to do that.

--
learn COMSOL, like COMSOL
I got the same problem, I saw a paper mentioned using extrusion coupling and assmblies to do that. -- learn COMSOL, like COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 avr. 2012, 14:22 UTC−4
Hi Thomas,

Did you find a solution to the problem that you mentioned in this post. I am facing the same problem. I have a pressure sensor model which I want to couple to a front end circuit. Is there any way I could do that?

I appreciate your help.

Bhavin
Hi Thomas, Did you find a solution to the problem that you mentioned in this post. I am facing the same problem. I have a pressure sensor model which I want to couple to a front end circuit. Is there any way I could do that? I appreciate your help. Bhavin

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 avr. 2012, 01:06 UTC−4
Hello!

I am sorry, but I could not solve this problem (with comsol).
Perhaps anyone else?

Thomas
Hello! I am sorry, but I could not solve this problem (with comsol). Perhaps anyone else? Thomas

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 avr. 2012, 02:28 UTC−4
Hi

is it something like this you want to do ? I'm using the initial value on the circuit capacitor to discharge the capa into the COMSOL model

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi is it something like this you want to do ? I'm using the initial value on the circuit capacitor to discharge the capa into the COMSOL model -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 avr. 2012, 03:42 UTC−4
Hello!

Thank you for the fast answer. It is similar to what I was lookin for, but I don't understand it completley.
What happens with the init-value of the capa?
The simulation acts like one would switch on 10V even if it says 10V init value?
For example, how do I get a real init value for the capa?

Thanks again for your answers...

Thomas!
Hello! Thank you for the fast answer. It is similar to what I was lookin for, but I don't understand it completley. What happens with the init-value of the capa? The simulation acts like one would switch on 10V even if it says 10V init value? For example, how do I get a real init value for the capa? Thanks again for your answers... Thomas!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 avr. 2012, 11:37 UTC−4
Hi

my capa is very large compared to the one in the model, if you put a one pf capa the voltage should drop, test it out ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi my capa is very large compared to the one in the model, if you put a one pf capa the voltage should drop, test it out ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 juil. 2013, 05:21 UTC−4
Hello everybody.

I have a quite similar problem, I would like to charge a capacitor with a current source of 25mA and compliance of 70V. So when the capa is charged, the voltage drops to 0. How can I simulate this using the CIR module?

Have a nice day!
Hello everybody. I have a quite similar problem, I would like to charge a capacitor with a current source of 25mA and compliance of 70V. So when the capa is charged, the voltage drops to 0. How can I simulate this using the CIR module? Have a nice day!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.