Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid structure interaction module discussion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

After trying for three months on Fluid structure interaction module, i decide to seek help.and hope some fluid structure module user can give some feedback.

You may refer to comsol model 660 for example, which is manual coupling., when the laminar flow solved in time dependent ,while solid is stationery mode.

I try to use fluid structure interaction module, and wondering are they the same thing? as in FSI all thing happen in time dependent, and most time i face is convergence problem.

Is it the limitation of COMSOL module whereby we only can solve one module coupling with another module?

www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/660/

is there any working model instead of model 361 where the model actually get converge in microscale, far from my requirement.

ONG

3 Replies Last Post 9 avr. 2013, 07:08 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 déc. 2011, 06:24 UTC−5
so i think i should just remake it and upload it.

below is the file.
www.mediafire.com/download.php?52n3g27cxnbc3uw

I run it and my comsol automatically shut down.
be careful.

hope someone can help to fix it.

anyway, if you face convergence problem, may let me know, so we can exchange method to reduce the convergence.

Thank you.
so i think i should just remake it and upload it. below is the file. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?52n3g27cxnbc3uw I run it and my comsol automatically shut down. be careful. hope someone can help to fix it. anyway, if you face convergence problem, may let me know, so we can exchange method to reduce the convergence. Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 déc. 2011, 09:12 UTC−5
O I get a reply from Support,

which state that i should solve the problem from
"I would suggest you to refer to
'fluid_structure_interaction' model available under COMSOL model library
(MEMS_Module/ Microfluidics_Models/ fluid_structure_interaction.mph)."

If you have idea on why fsi only work in microfluid,can feedback on this topic.
O I get a reply from Support, which state that i should solve the problem from "I would suggest you to refer to 'fluid_structure_interaction' model available under COMSOL model library (MEMS_Module/ Microfluidics_Models/ fluid_structure_interaction.mph)." If you have idea on why fsi only work in microfluid,can feedback on this topic.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 avr. 2013, 07:08 UTC−4
I have same question and I have same problem during running a real structure with big size .
I have same question and I have same problem during running a real structure with big size .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.