Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do I find wireless power transfer efficiency in comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have designed a wirelesss power transfer system using loop antenna in comsol multiphysics 5.4 . I have computed the S-parameter but I am having problems finding the efficiency of the system. How can I find the efficiency?

3 Replies Last Post 8 févr. 2020, 15:57 UTC−5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 2 oct. 2019, 11:03 UTC−4
Updated: 5 years ago 2 oct. 2019, 07:04 UTC−4

Caveat: I'm assuming that there are no unconventional definitions involved here. Just compute the ratio of the power collected by the receiver to the power radiated by the transmitter. (These quantities usually aren't too hard to find and/or compute.) Note: If losses (in stagest prior to the transmitter or after the receiver, or both) are considered to be part of the efficiency term you are looking for, then be sure to include them also.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Caveat: I'm assuming that there are no unconventional definitions involved here. Just compute the ratio of the power collected by the receiver to the power radiated by the transmitter. (These quantities usually aren't too hard to find and/or compute.) Note: If losses (in stagest prior to the transmitter or after the receiver, or both) are considered to be part of the efficiency term you are looking for, then be sure to include them also.

Posted: 4 years ago 6 févr. 2020, 07:08 UTC−5

Hello Sir, How are you doing? You answerded to find the ratio of output power to input power. I have done that but can't find the efficiency on comsol. I have attached two files. Can you please take a look at them and help me with the situation? Thank you in advance.

Hello Sir, How are you doing? You answerded to find the ratio of output power to input power. I have done that but can't find the efficiency on comsol. I have attached two files. Can you please take a look at them and help me with the situation? Thank you in advance.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 8 févr. 2020, 15:57 UTC−5

Create a 1D plot or a table that plots or tabulates the variable you defined. Some of the Comsol-supplied example files show how to create tables and plots of computed results.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Create a 1D plot or a table that plots or tabulates the variable you defined. Some of the Comsol-supplied example files show how to create tables and plots of computed results.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.