Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inconsistent result between version 4.1 and 4.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Guys,

I recently upgraded my comsol from 4.1 to 4.2a. Strange enough that I've been getting very different result when I ran 4.2a with the file created by 4.1. The problem I am running is a heat transfer problem coupled with a diffusion problem.

Have anybody here experienced similar inconsistent problems after switching to higher versions? Can anyone give some suggestions what might have led to this rather big discprepancy (I am getting 50K temperature difference between results from two versions)?

Thanks a lot! Happy Thanksgiving.

Best regards

1 Reply Last Post 24 nov. 2011, 03:57 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 nov. 2011, 03:57 UTC−5
Hi

my experience is to rebuild fresh new within the latest version, because when you tweak a lot your models I fair that everything is not correctly ported to the new version. But so far I haven't noticed any great differences

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi my experience is to rebuild fresh new within the latest version, because when you tweak a lot your models I fair that everything is not correctly ported to the new version. But so far I haven't noticed any great differences -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.