Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve perfectly matched layer and find the confinement light in optical fiber core region

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on a optical core-cladding design and try to analyze the mode analysis, so that find the confinement light which is passed in the core region. In 5.3a version, mesh isn't working with perfectly matched layer. But, it's working when perfectly matched layer is disable. For this reason, I can't find desire result in mode analysis and electric field. The problem also occure in version 4.4, but here mesh is worked with perfactly matched layer and desire result isn't found. Please anyone help me to solve this problem. I am working on the paper which I attached.

0 Replies Last Post 3 sept. 2019, 09:30 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Atika Farhana

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.