Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Store solution as variables for next simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I'm working on the volume expansion problem that requires the concentration profile in a 3D geometry. Now I have solved the concentration profile (time-dependent). My question is, how can I set this concentration solution (3D) at any given time as a variable (input) for the next simulation?

Because to calculate the volume expansion, I will need both inital and current (any given time) concentration profile, let's assume the inital concentration is C1, the current concentration is C2.

I know I can use the solution directly as the inital value of variable not solved for, but this will be the C2. In the model builder (component physics), I will need a C1 value as input then import C2 to get the volume expansion. The C1 would be a solution from the previous study which has 3D spatial distribution. I need to evaluate the results based on different C2 (different time), but C1 will be the same for each case.

Thanks in advance and please let me know if I didn't explain the problem well.

0 Replies Last Post 16 juin 2019, 20:28 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hong-Kang Tian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.