Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Point load in 2D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a simple 2D model, with a bezier open curve (linear segments) defining my beam structure. All beams are same and define some rigid truss (where I want to take into account torques so I am modeling all segments as beams). Now I want all vertices to be supported somehow, so I specify "spring foundation" in my beam section. That should hopefully (if I understand correctly) make all vertices spring-coupled to some rigid reference. And finally, I want to apply a point load to one of the vertices to see how much the beam structure deforms. This last part does not work for me. I can add point load to my beam section but it does not seem to act on the structure. I have seen prior discussions about how point loads are singularities and so on but in my case all geometry is just 2D lines (although there is material and cross-section defined but the structure geometry is lines in 2D). So I have no choice but to apply a point load. Any help?

0 Replies Last Post 8 mai 2019, 00:13 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Vershinin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.