Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE General for Navier-Stokes equations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am trying to use PDE General module in COMSOL 4.2 to simulate Euler equations. I know that we have a Laminar Flow module than I can put viscosity equal to zero to have Euler equations but I would like to solve it in PDE forms.

I have a question regarding defining different variables. So this is the case if I want to solve PDE general module using conservative forms of Euler equation I will have
U=[rho, rho*u,rho*v]
gamma=[rho*u rho*v
rho*u^2+p rho*u*v
rho*u*v rho*v^2+p]

as you can see I have a pressure term that I am not sure what should I do with it since I cannot express it as my conservative variables unless I define another set of equations for energy to solve Temperature and connect "rho", "T" to "P". Even in this case I need to have a relationship like the one that we have for ideal gas to solve this. Does anyone have any suggestions for my problem?

Bottom line how should I define my variables to solve something like Euler equation or to some extent Navier-Stokes equations with the General PDE module of COMSOL?

Cheers

1 Reply Last Post 29 mars 2016, 11:12 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nader Noroozi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 29 mars 2016, 11:12 UTC−4
Hi

did u get a solution for this?

thank you
Hi did u get a solution for this? thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.