Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to make microstrip antennas behave like transmitter and receiver for different cases

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello all,

I have 5 microstrip antennas situated in a circlular shape. That means, they are facing each other in a circluar shape.
I want to make one antenna to transmit at one time while others will be receiving the signals that time. It means if the antenna 1 is in transmitting mode the antenna 2,3,4,5 should be in receiving mode. Then antenna 2 will be transmitting and antenna 1,3,4,5 will be reciving the signals from antenna 1. Likewise antenna 2,3,4,5 will behave like a transmitter in further cases.

My question is how should i do this?

I am using electromagnetic waves, frequency domain physics and have used lumped port boundary condition for assigning the power to the antenna.

Any help would be appricated

Thankyou

1 Reply Last Post 1 mai 2019, 13:37 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 1 mai 2019, 13:37 UTC−4
Updated: 5 years ago 1 mai 2019, 13:37 UTC−4

In setting up your ports for each of the antennas, simply specify a non-zero power (or wave excitation) at the port you wish to be transmitting, and no power (or wave excitation) at the other ports. There is also a way to specify sweeps of the ports to compute the S matrix overall -- look in the help system.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
In setting up your ports for each of the antennas, simply specify a non-zero power (or wave excitation) at the port you wish to be transmitting, and no power (or wave excitation) at the other ports. There is also a way to specify sweeps of the ports to compute the S matrix overall -- look in the help system.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.