Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

diode model in semiconductor model library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I have an important Question about one part of
Comsol model for diode and semiconductor part at drift diffusion
model; my Question is that in the one dimensional model for diode in
comsol the expresion for diode in the boundary
integration variables in 2D model in Comsol we write : IC="q*(lm2-lm3)" why we define
current in this form, that we define the lm2 or lm3 in the boundary
condition in the weak form of boundary condition!!
thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post 27 sept. 2013, 01:54 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 oct. 2011, 03:45 UTC−4
I have the same question.

In my 4.1 version,
the current through the cathode is defined as follow:
Ic=1e-6*q*(lm2-lm3).

The explanation in the manual provided in the COMSOL website is not enough to derive the equation.
Is there any published reference with the equation above?

Thanks in advance.
I have the same question. In my 4.1 version, the current through the cathode is defined as follow: Ic=1e-6*q*(lm2-lm3). The explanation in the manual provided in the COMSOL website is not enough to derive the equation. Is there any published reference with the equation above? Thanks in advance.

Mohammad Ali Mohammadzadeh Kashan

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 sept. 2013, 01:54 UTC−4
HI Yongsop Hwang
I am trying to do the diode simulation using comsl 4.3b. as you mentioned the manual does not fully explain how to obtain the IV plot.
Would you share with me how to get the current density Vs voltage plot.

Cheers
HI Yongsop Hwang I am trying to do the diode simulation using comsl 4.3b. as you mentioned the manual does not fully explain how to obtain the IV plot. Would you share with me how to get the current density Vs voltage plot. Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.