Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

concentration gradients of oxygen diffusing in a microfluidic device

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I am using the transport of diluted species to model the diffusion of oxygen in steady state. The oxygen diffuses as followed: Air--> PDMS-->water-->cells. The cells are consuming oxygen by michaelis menten Reaction. I have constant concentration at bounderies of PDMS(air). I have two major problems. 1-The solubility of oxygen in PDMS>tissue >air. I am facing oxygen concentrations that are higher than saturation! My best shot has been applying the partition coeff at the boundaries so far. Still the final results are not satisfying. 2- I get negative concentrations in some conditions. Should I add an if condition/ heaviside function/ another option for COMSOL to stop at c=0? Any ideas are appreciated. Dina

0 Replies Last Post 1 févr. 2019, 18:04 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dina Dorrigiv

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.